Proven track record.
Leading companies throughout North America and Europe rely on INRIX to help drivers navigate their world.
More than 100 industry-leading companies in a variety of market segments - automotive, mobile, Web, fleet and public sector - create breakthrough navigation, traffic and location-based service solutions using INRIX's traffic information and products. Here's a few of their stories.
INRIX Drives Development of SYNC Destinations
SYNC Destinations is a mobile app for iPhone and Android smartphones that helps Ford SYNC TDI owners better plan the when and where of their commutes, accessing real-time traffic information, traffic forecasts and other time-saving features. Key benefits include:
- Traffic maps with real-time speed, accident and incident information for all highways, interstates, arterials and city streets in 126 metropolitan areas across North America
- Reliable traffic forecasts that predict how travel times are expected to change over time, based on sophisticated analysis of current traffic conditions, day of the week, season, holidays and related days, current and forecast weather, accidents and road construction, as well as other unique local events such as school schedules, sports games and concerts
- Fastest routes based on current and expected traffic conditions as well as recommended departure times, expected travel times and ETAs that make navigating to daily destinations, whether across town or cross-country, easier than ever
- Easy look-up of addresses for new destinations through local business search and address book integration
“SYNC Destinations is an easy-to-use mobile tool that gives busy, on-the-go SYNC users the flexibility to search and save locations
for quick access in the car, plus, with features such as predictive traffic from INRIX, users can take the guesswork out of their
daily trips by preplanning the best estimated time of departure to get around town quickly and easily
SYNC TDI Product Manager
Ford Motor Company
Toyota Taps INRIX to Power Entune™
INRIX and Toyota have teamed up to fuel its navigation systems with real-time traffic information for the automaker’s new Entune multimedia system. Debuting on the new Toyota Prius V, Entune uses vehicle owners’ mobile phone to access INRX’s real-time traffic information to provide the following:
- Up-to-the-minute alerts to accidents, road closures, construction and other potential traffic causing delays along drivers’ routes and the best way to navigate around them
- Navigation to any destination based on the fastest available route
- Expected travel journey times and ETAs
“INRIX’s real-time traffic information provides Entune users with vital, usable data.
Toyota drivers can now rely on INRIX to help them decide the best way to go and avoid unexpected delays along the way.”
Vice President of Advanced Technology
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A, Inc..
Ford Motor Company Teams with INRIX to take SYNC® in new directions
INRIX and Ford have a global alliance to enable personalized driving content and technology for Ford SYNC with Traffic, Directions and Information via:
- The introduction of the world's first 3rd Generation Routing Engine.
- The broadest and most accurate real-time traffic information.
- New location-aware and consumer-friendly access to traffic information in the car, allowing SYNC users to get answers to questions such as "Traffic Ahead," "Traffic Around Me," and "Fastest Route Home."
- The ability for Ford owners to create customized alerts on Syncmyride.com, triggering real-time and predictive traffic reports sent via SMS messages to their phones.
“In SYNC with Traffic, Directions and Information, we’re bringing to life the vision
for the ultimate in-car experience that integrates best-in-class technology into the
vehicle in a useful way. The personalized traffic, directions, content and alerts that
INRIX provides are critical to delivering on that vision.
We believe INRIX has the broadest traffic coverage and the highest accuracy on the market.
Director, Ford Connected Services Organization
Ford Motor Company
I-95 Corridor Coalition Uses INRIX
The 16-state I-95 Corridor Coalition selected INRIX to provide real-time traffic data and a monitoring Web site covering nearly 5000 freeway miles and nearly 1000 arterial miles. The Vehicle Probe Project (VPP) is a groundbreaking initiative providing comprehensive and continuous real-time travel information to members since July, 2008. The VPP team continuously validates INRIX data and is improving access to information and expanding project limits. New Jersey and North Carolina have used the contract to expand statewide, and South Carolina - a state beyond the contract limits - has also added coverage.
I-95 Corridor Coalition agencies have been busy integrating INRIX data into their systems to provide more robust travel information for their users. Some of the data applications and uses include:
- Integrating INRIX data into web applications.
- Using the monitoring site map to monitor freeways and detect issues.
- Combining INRIX data with other data (such as sensors).
- Incorporating INRIX data into statewide monitoring systems and 511 operations.
- Using INRIX data by Agency Planning Departments.
- Evaluating INRIX data as a performance measure.
“During the Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday/Inauguration weekend, the Maryland
State Highway Administration was able to monitor speeds in real time on the
freeway and major arterial network in the greater Baltimore/Washington corridor
for the entire weekend.”
“Using the INRIX maps that showed real time speed data, we were able to
determine where there were congestion issues that we needed to be aware of
and to make real time decisions regarding information to provide to travelers
as well as where to deploy resources to proactively manage traffic on the freeway
and arterial network in the metropolitan area.”
Chair, I-95 Corridor Coalition Executive Board
Administrator, Maryland State Highway Administration
MapQuest Uses INRIX
“Our extensive customer research shows that traffic is one of the most requested
features from our users.”
“After evaluating alternatives we decided to incorporate INRIX traffic across
multiple MapQuest offerings to provide the best coverage and highest
accuracy for trip planning and navigation.”
SVP and GM
NAVIGON Uses INRIX
“By selecting INRIX as our provider for real-time traffic information, NAVIGON continues
to offer its customers only the best navigation technology available today in real-time.
We’re convinced the excellent quality and comprehensive coverage of INRIX’s
traffic information across Europe and North America combined with its market leading
technologies makes them the best partner for delivering real-time traffic information for our connected products.”
Vice President Product Line Management
Microsoft Uses INRIX
“Our consumer research shows that traffic information is one of the most popular requests for mobile phone users. We chose INRIX Traffic for Bing 411 to provide high-quality traffic information to consumers across all major metropolitan areas.”
TeleNav Uses INRIX
“We selected INRIX as the traffic information provider for TeleNav Shotgun to help deliver the highest quality navigation experience to our customers. Real-time traffic continues to be one of the most popular requests from our navigation subscribers.”
HP Jin President
CEO & Co-founder
GeoDecisions Uses INRIX
“Our clients demand the most current and accurate information available to ensure the safety of American citizens. INRIX can help us bring flexible, innovative, high-quality technology solutions to key government operations..”