22. October 2012 00:00
The free app gives you access to the largest traffic network in the world, making your Android smartphone a personal traffic reporter that helps you avoid gridlock with up-to-the-minute traffic conditions or a forecast for major roadways.
Here’s what you can do with the improved INRIX Traffic app for Android:
- Know the fastest route: INRIX Traffic can provide you with up-to-the-minute traffic maps for 1 million miles of highways, interstates and city streets nationwide.
- Determine the best time to leave and travel times using the predictive traffic feature: The app can help you get where you need to go faster by showing how traffic conditions and travel times are expected to change during your drive, based on historical data as well as local weather and events.
- Share INRIX arrival times:Is someone waiting for you at the end of your drive? They won’t have to wonder when you’ll arrive, because now you can easily share your arrival time via email or text message with any contact in just a few taps.
- Get personalized traffic alerts: You can personalize the app to display alerts on your Android phone when accidents and other traffic causing delays might affect you on your routes.
- Community Traffic Alerts: INRIX Traffic combines traffic data with real-time reporting from INRIX Traffic users to help everyone plan the best routes and adjust quickly to accidents and other incidents that affect traffic. Using the app, you can instantly view and alert others to incidents along your route with just a few taps.
Those are just the basics. The premium version of the INRIX Traffic app has even more tools and features, offering an unlimited number of destinations and access to more than 10,000 traffic cameras across INRIX’s nationwide network. The premium Android app is also the first to offer instant insight into gas prices along your route, with daily updates for more than 100,000 gas stations nationwide. A lifetime subscription to the premium version of INRIX Traffic is available for just $24.99.
Download the new app and let us know what you think of it by leaving a comment on our Facebook page.