INRIX HELP Alerts
A FEMA-Approved Emergency Alerting Service that Establishes Two-Way Communication between Drivers Ensnared in Major Traffic Backups and Local Agencies that can HelpSave Lives with HELP Alerts
In times of transportation emergencies like severe weather, major accidents, or unexpected road closures, HELP Alerts offers reassurance for travelers and agencies. It eases traveler anxiety by delivering essential information and opening a line of communication.
HELP Alerts stands out with its broad reach — it connects to any cell phone user, surpassing the reach of 511 services or any navigation system. This ensures more motorists have access to critical information during emergencies.
Specifically designed for emergencies impacting transportation, agencies are using HELP Alerts to manage issues from flash floods to hazardous spills and long-term road closures. Its mission is to keep travelers informed and safe, enhancing their sense of security and support during unpredictable roadway incidents.
HELP Alerts leverages the power of Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) — the same technology as Amber alerts — to disseminate real-time notifications to motorists. These alerts are immediate and reach all mobile devices in the targeted area(s) without any need for app installations or opting in. This ensures that crucial information is disseminated widely and efficiently.
The system uses geo-targeting capabilities to deliver alerts within predefined geofences, offering a targeted reach. This ensures only relevant motorists — either within or approaching the hazard area — are notified.
There are two types of alerts available:
• Approach Alerts: As vehicles enter predefined geofences near the hazard, they are warned to avoid the area.
• Zone Alerts: A WEA is sent to all motorists already within the impacted area, ensuring they are aware of the situation. This WEA includes a URL, enabling motorists to opt-in for bidirectional communication and ongoing updates.
Additionally, HELP can provide an optional channel of two-way live communication between agencies and affected motorists. This facilitates a real-time exchange of information, enhancing situational awareness and emergency response.
The platform provides real time detailed information, aiding in emergency response and reducing non-emergency 911 calls.
• Number of vehicles impacted
• Number of people trapped in vehicles
• Ground-level scene assessment
• Exact location information of impacted motorists
Emergency Alert System: Benefits for Agencies
- Approved by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as an effective service for communicating with travelers in emergency situations
- No app or additional software is needed for an agency or state EMA
- A more thorough and detailed situational awareness for the transportation agency — know exactly where motorists are being impacted
- Improved coordination between DOTs and EMAs
- Information on types of vehicles and passengers involved in the event
- First-hand information from travelers impacted by the emergency
- A transformative TSMO solution requiring minimal staff interactions
- Cost-effective, unlimited use license
- Agencies are provided a data-rich summary report following each incident
Emergency Alert System: Benefits for Travelers
- Reduces uncertainty for any motorists stuck in traffic after a transportation emergency
- A reliable, accurate and easily obtainable source of information and safety instructions
- No mobile app required
- Official updates and latest relevant information delivered in real-time
- Peace of mind knowing that agencies are aware of your location and are available for communication
- Personal identifying data is made anonymous immediately following the resolution of the event