INRIX Mission Control™
Mission critical transportation insights for better
monitoring, management, and emergency response.
Respond Faster with Real-time
Insights into Roadway Conditions
Helps Agencies of
All Sizes Do More with Less
A More Complete View of
Your Transportation Network
Transportation is the lifeblood of our modern cities, crucial for connecting communities and driving economic growth. However, as urban centers expand, the task of managing traffic becomes increasingly complex.
Traditional equipment-based solutions are limited in scalability and offer a narrow scope of traffic insights, leading to a more reactive approach to traffic management.
INRIX Mission Control™ surpasses and supplements equipment-based solutions by transforming data from connected vehicles and devices into comprehensive, systemwide insights into current traffic conditions.
This cloud-based platform integrates current traffic flow data and real-time roadway alerts into an easy-to-use, map-based dashboard that can give transportation agencies a level of visibility and insight into traffic conditions previously unattainable without state-of-the-art traffic command centers and/or extensive physical infrastructure.
Mission Control makes it possible for agencies of any size to reap the benefits of ITS solutions without the need for any new equipment.
- Supplement Limited Camera Networks: Cities with existing camera networks but lacking full coverage can fill in the gaps, avoiding the high costs of expanding physical camera networks.
- Enhanced Congestion Management: Detailed traffic flow data enables better traffic signal timing, better use of variable message signs, and the ability to identify congestion hot spots for proactive mitigation.
- Traffic Monitoring for Event Management: During large events, traffic operations engineers can use Mission Control to monitor traffic flow in real-time, enabling them to quickly adjust signal timings and reroute traffic to prevent congestion.
- Cost-Effective Planning for Rural Roadways: Rural transportation departments can monitor traffic and plan road improvements in remote areas where installing traditional equipment is prohibitively expensive.
- Citywide Traffic Pattern Analysis for Urban Planning: Urban planners can analyze traffic patterns across the entire city, aiding in the development of comprehensive and effective urban transportation plans.
- Identifying and Addressing Recurring Congestion Points:Mission Control can help pinpoint chronic congestion spots, leading to long-term traffic flow improvements.
- Coordinated Response During Emergencies: During large-scale emergencies, the systemwide view can help coordinate evacuations and manage traffic across multiple routes, ensuring public safety and efficient use of resources.
- Improved Emergency Routing Abilities: During disasters or major events, real-time vehicle data can help identify open routes and guide evacuations and critical trips efficiently when traditional signals/sensors fail.
- Faster Incident Response: Emergency services can identify crashes or road blockages instantly, allowing for faster deployment of response teams, reducing response times and clearing roads more quickly.
Intuitive Interactive Map-Based Visualization
A user-friendly interface that presents traffic data in a map format, enabling easy navigation and interpretation of traffic conditions.
Current Traffic Flow Information
The tool visualizes current traffic congestion levels using a heatmap, providing an immediate understanding of traffic density and movement patterns.
Real-Time Roadway Alerts Information
Pinpoint issues on your roadways with layers for various types of roadway alerts, which can be filtered by Dangerous Slowdowns, Construction, Road Closure, Events, Congestion, Hazards, and Crashes.
Detailed Information on Road Segments and Alerts
By clicking on specific road segments or alerts, users can access detailed information such as Current Average Travel Time, Current Average Speed, Free Flow Speed, Historic Average Speed, and Severity Level of congestion.
Customizable Filter Options
Traffic flow info can be filtered by Level of congestion, Speeds, or Relative to Free Flow Speed. Visualization can be further filtered by Functional Road Class (FRC).
The traffic data in this tool covers over 5 million miles of roads in 47 countries, providing detailed information on a wide range of road types and classes, from major highways to local streets to provide a complete picture of traffic conditions.