- INRIX Compass leverages generative AI and INRIX’s massive data lake to accurately identify transportation issues, reveal causes, and offer unprecedented predictive insights.
- Utilizing Amazon Bedrock and its own deep industry expertise, INRIX can seamlessly access, analyze, and query almost 50 petabytes of diverse transportation data.
- Compass will be first available in INRIX IQ Mission Control, a pioneering transportation intelligence solution.
November 27, 2023 – LAS VEGAS – Today, INRIX, Inc., a global leader in transportation data and analytics, unveiled INRIX Compass, an innovative AI-powered technology to revolutionize transportation intelligence. Compass harnesses INRIX’s nearly 50 petabyte data lake and generative artificial intelligence (GenAI) to effectively address transportation challenges, uncover underlying causes, and propose proactive solutions. This technology enhances INRIX IQ, a leading suite of cloud-based applications, by enabling easy access to actionable insights from location-based data
INRIX Compass is powered by Amazon Bedrock, a fully managed service on Amazon Web Services (AWS) that offers a choice of leading foundation models and a broad set of capabilities to build generative AI applications. Through INRIX’s collaboration with AWS, Compass integrates Amazon Bedrock with INRIX’s proprietary cloud-based data lake and industry knowledge to train and deploy models tailored for unique mobility needs.
“Compass gives INRIX the unique ability to merge all our transportation data with a large language model to answer even the toughest spatial or location-based transportation questions,” said Bryan Mistele, co-founder and CEO of INRIX. “Leveraging Amazon Bedrock, Compass will unlock new value for our customers more quickly and easily than anyone could have imagined a decade ago.
INRIX Compasstranscends traditional data analytics, enabling users to easily query INRIX’s wealth of transportation information to understand issues, their causes, and potential impacts. This transformative technology will significantly impact three key areas:
- Rapid Identification of Complex Transportation Issues: Compass leverages vast, diverse datasets to quickly pinpoint transportation issues, providing essential insights into emerging trends and problem areas, enabling a more informed approach to traffic management.
- In-depth Mobility Analysis: Compass delves into data from various sources, including vehicles, mobile devices, multi-modal systems, parking services and much more, using advanced AI to unearth core transportation challenges and enable a smarter approach.
- Proactive Transportation Strategy: Merging historical and real-time data seamlessly, Compass provides in-depth insights integrated across INRIX’s robust INRIX IQ suite to help cities and businesses adopt smarter, safer, and more sustainable mobility strategies.