Novi, MI – Telematics Detroit — June 7, 2011 – INRIX®, the leading international provider of traffic information and driving services, announced an agreement with Pioneer® Corporation to provide both real-time and predictive traffic data solutions for Pioneer’s new, voice-controlled, integrated Web services platform – Zypr™.
Accessible in the car and on mobile platforms including Apple® iOS® and Google® Android®, Zypr enables software to integrate the Web’s best location-based services and data across smartphones, tablets, consumer electronics devices such as smart TVs and automotive telematics – all with the power of voice control and with a single login across devices.
“INRIX’s market-leading technologies, exceptional traffic information quality and broad coverage made them the ideal Zypr partner for enabling world-class services consumers can access seamlessly anytime, anywhere and across any device,” said Yoshio Aoyagi, General Manager, New Business Development Division, Pioneer. “We are very excited to collaborate with INRIX and to enable Zypr developers to create innovative apps with INRIX data.”
INRIX provides developers with real-time traffic data and a set of APIs fully optimized for the Zypr platform that are designed to accelerate the development of a new category of voice-controlled, connected navigation applications for the daily driver. Developers can create apps that take the guesswork out of navigating across town or cross-country with seamless access to current traffic conditions, traffic forecasts, the best routes, recommended departure times and travel times for any destination.
INRIX data can also now be integrated by app developers with Zypr-supported services, which currently include Facebook®, Twitter®, Google®, Yelp®, Voicebox, AccuWeather®, Slacker Radio, Tuner2 Radio, WCities and XAD (with other services to be announced throughout 2011). The Zypr API (demonstrated at CES 2011 as “PAIS”) simplifies connectivity for device manufacturers, allowing them to easily create mashups from multiple information sources and giving them customization and control of the user experience without requiring the use of an app store.
“The flexibility of the Zypr platform demonstrates the power and versatility of INRIX traffic services for accelerating the location-based services industry’s efforts to deliver seamless experiences across devices,” said Kush Parikh, Senior Vice President of Business Development, INRIX. “Our traffic-powered apps and flexible APIs uniquely help companies like Pioneer deliver services drivers can access from anywhere to help better plan their trips.”
Through a combination of continuously updated reports from millions of GPS-enabled vehicles and insight from more than 400 public and private sources, INRIX provides Zypr with a traffic information service to consumers every minute, empowering them with the most accurate real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts anytime, anywhere, on any device and with full integration into other Zypr services.
Key benefits include:
• Real-time traffic maps and traffic forecasts covering all highways, motorways and major arterials and secondary roads across North America and Europe.
• A unique everyday application that speeds drivers’ commutes giving them the inside track on the fastest route, best time to leave, travel time and ETA for frequent destinations.
• Traffic-influenced navigation services offering reliable real-time traffic information, traffic forecasts and travel times sourced from the largest traffic network in the world.
• Integration of alerts to common traffic-causing delays such as crashes, construction, and local events like concerts, conventions and major sporting events.
• A set of flexible APIs that accelerate product development and provide drivers with a consistent experience whether they’re in the car, on their GPS smartphones, at their computer or on their TV.
• Ability to stay ahead of the pack by seamlessly updating and adding new features over time including traffic cameras, parking, road weather and POIs.