Kirkland, WA – September 21, 2017 – INRIX, Inc., the world leader in connected car services and transportation analytics, today announced that the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) has added analytics and origin-destination to existing INRIX traffic services to help monitor, measure and manage the state’s road network. As part of the agreement, StreetLight Data will enable ODOT to transform INRIX data into actionable intelligence.
“For nearly five years, INRIX real-time traffic services have helped Ohio DOT actively manage traffic on its roadway. The addition of analytics gives them the tools to more accurately measure and report the impact of transportation investments,” said Scott Sedlik, vice president and general manager – global public sector at INRIX. “Additional, we’re excited ODOT is making these new tools available to all transportation agencies in the state, including the City of Columbus as part of its Smart City Initiative.”
Ohio DOT will utilize analytic tools and traffic services from INRIX and StreetLight Data to improve system planning, traffic management and operations in Ohio:
- INRIX Analytics, which includes Roadway Analytics and Performance Measures, is a suite of on-demand, cloud-based analysis tools that leverage INRIX XD and TMC traffic data across the U.S. They help transportation professionals understand what is happening on the roads, benchmark and improve roadway performance and maximize the investment of public funds. The platforms enable ODOT to analyze, visualize and understand road performance without the need for additional technology investments. The TMC-based data and reporting is in partnership with the University of Maryland’s CATT Lab.
- INRIX Trips provides information about the trips people take, including where they begin and end their journeys, and the waypoints in between. Trips is derived from industry-leading geospatial data processing, which enables a new understanding of population movement such as origin and destination zones, diversion routes during peak time and incidents, corridor usage, and more.
- StreetLight InSight® allows ODOT to design, run, visualize and download unlimited customized transportation analyses like origin-destination, select link and trip purpose. It combines the power of INRIX data and location-based services data from smart phones with contextual information for a unique and powerful set of analytics. StreetLight InSight is available to designated employees of ODOT as well as local public agencies and specified consulting firms that do work on behalf of these agencies.
- INRIX Dangerous Slowdowns is a newly launched service in INRIX XD Traffic that helps prevent back-of-queue collisions where rapidly forming congestion creates a situation that requires advanced driver awareness. Based on real-time data from vehicles on the road, the location-based notifications warn drivers and transportation agencies of sudden reductions in speed or stopped traffic on the roadway.
- INRIX Real-Time Traffic Flow leverages anonymous, real-time GPS data from millions of connected vehicles and devices to deliver the broadest and most accurate traffic information on freeways, highways, interstates and major arterial roads. INRIX enables transportation agencies to monitor live traffic data including roadway name, time, current speed, typical speed and travel time.
“It is really gratifying to help Ohio Department of Transportation gain greater visibility into travel realities throughout the state,” said Laura Schewel, CEO and co-founder of StreetLight Data. “The ability to study transportation patterns with updated mobility intelligence will help Ohio better understand the usage of its existing infrastructure, pinpoint challenges and improve confidence in new transportation projects.”
INRIX collects anonymous, real-time GPS data from 300 million connected vehicles and devices globally. With real-time information on more than five million miles of road in more than 45 countries, INRIX is the preferred provider of driving and mobility intelligence for leading automakers and transportation agencies, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, more than 60 U.S. Departments of Transportation, the US Federal Highway Administration, Highways England and Danish Road Directorate.
INRIX is the global leader in connected car services and transportation analytics, a new approach that leverages big data and the cloud to help manage urban mobility. By aggregating a variety of sources and applying intelligence, INRIX delivers comprehensive data and solutions to help move people, cities and businesses forward. Our partners are automakers, governments, mobile operators, developers, advertisers, as well as enterprises large and small.
About StreetLight Data, Inc.
StreetLight Data is San Francisco-based technology firm that transforms the massive amount of geospatial data produced by mobile devices into useful transportation behavior information. Transportation experts, urban planners, and commercial property developers can access StreetLight Data’s Metrics in minutes via an easy-to-use online platform, StreetLight InSight®. To learn more visit www.streetlightdata.com.