KIRKLAND, Wash. – November 30, 2022 – Today INRIX Inc., a global provider of transportation analytics and connected car services, announced INRIX Trips Plus, a first-to-market tickerized geolocation alternative dataset to help investment managers evaluate performance and identify trading opportunities.
Trips Plus is an easy-to-use dataset that combines anonymous and aggregated connected vehicle (passenger and commercial) and mobile device data, with rich U.S. points of interest (POI) information including parking lots and building footprints from SafeGraph. By analyzing travel habits to and from POIs – like theme parks, restaurants, hotels, and manufacturing facilities – investment managers can gain valuable insights for investment decisions. Trips Plus provides a repeatable, data-driven investment approach to identify trends and economic signals.
“Leveraging disparate datasets can be challenging for investment managers due to data heterogeneity, vendor fragmentation, and the amount of manual work that’s required,” said Phil DeFrancesco, Head of Product – Financial Services, INRIX. “With Trips Plus including SafeGraph Places, gone are the days of drawing polygons, managing separate contracts, or marrying disparate datasets together. Investors can now analyze consumer trends, supply chain efficiency, and track manufacturing output across both public and privately-owned companies to help identify investment opportunities and generate alpha for their portfolio.”
Trips Plus simplifies the data management and integration process into one dataset that is easy to ingest into current investment strategies or infuse it into complex trading models and algorithms. INRIX Trips Plus highlights include:
- Covers 400+ U.S.-based stock symbols with segmentation by location, brand, and top or sub industry categories (NAICS codes)
- For publicly traded companies, each trip visit to each location is associated with a stock symbol and corresponding brand, along with Committee on Uniform Securities Identification Procedures (CUSIP) and International Securities Identification Number (ISIN)
- Analyze vehicle traffic in and around locations such as parking lots, warehouses, distribution centers, intermodal terminals, and seaports
- Accurate, precise, and fresh POI and building footprint data from SafeGraph that has been cleaned and de-duped
- Easily access granular trips records to perform detailed analysis relevant to your portfolio
- Summarized reports for specific stock symbols nationwide available on daily, weekly, and monthly report levels
- Customizable reporting provides details on the subscribed stock symbols enabling insights into key metrics, changes, and trends
“We’re thrilled to partner with INRIX to deliver an innovative geolocation dataset that will enable investment managers to spend less time managing different datasets and filling in the gaps” said Ross Epstein, Vice President of New Projects, at SafeGraph. “By combining insightful connected vehicle data with detailed and up-to-date points of interest, investors can now spend more time reviewing trade performance and boosting their portfolio.”
To learn more about how INRIX Trips Plus can help investment managers identify trading opportunities and generate alpha, please visit here or stop by the INRIX table at NeuData’s New York Data Summit on December 1, 2022.